Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is an autonomous agency in India, which started its operation in 1975 as Personnel Selection Services (PSS). In 1984, IBPS became an independent entity at the behest of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and Public Sector Banks. The Institute has the capability of testing simultaneously as many as 1 million candidates in 2000 venues across 200 centers (cities) in one session. In 2010-11 alone, IBPS was successful in screening over 10 million candidates for testing and filled approx. 79,236 vacancies for its client organizations besides testing of candidates for admission to academic institutes and certification for diplomas.
- CWE PO/MT for the position of Probationary Officer or Management Trainee.
- CWE Clerk for Clerical positions.
- Specialist Officer for specialist officer positions.
- RRB officer. For the selection of officers & office assistants to Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) governed by NABARD.
By the analysis IBPS PO III is surely going to be announced in June or July 2013
List of banks Participating IBPS Exams are given below:
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Corporation Bank
- Dena Bank
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Punjab National Bank
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- Union Bank of India
- United Bank of India
- UCO Bank
- Vijaya Bank
- IDBI Bank
- ECGC (Export Credit Guarantee Corporation)(Joined Recently)
Eligibility for IBPS Examination:1.The eligibility conditions to apply for these common examinations have reportedly been changed recently as per the approval of Government of India.
2. The minimum age for someone looking to apply for PO & clerical exams is 20 years and the maximum age is 30.
3. While the minimum educational qualification for clerk is graduation pass, one must secure at least 60% in degree
4. To appear for PO level examinations. Individuals from reserved categories have relaxations in both age and education.
Common Written Examination (CWE):The CWE syllabus and general instructions on filling IBPS online application will be provided in the exam notification. Each candidate will be intimated with the date and venue of the exam via a call letter, that will be available for download a few days after they register at the IBPS website. IBPS CWE is an objective type exam with negative marking for false answers. Initially, the exams were organized in the offline mode but in 2012 IBPS moved to an internet-based examination process.
Pattern of IBPS Examination:
Duration:- Composite Time of 150 minutes
Name of the Test No of questions Marks:Reasoning 50 Questions 50 Marks
Englsih Language 50 Questions 25 Marks
Quantitative Aptitude 50 Question 50 Marks
General Awareness (with special reference to Banking Industry) - 50 Questions - 50 MarksComputer Knowledge 50 Questions 50 Marks
Duration:- 60 Minute